Having pondered the excellent suggestions for discussion topics, I’ve decided to follow CB’s advice and go for something that interests me and I have strong opinions about. Sadly, that means theology 😉
So, here’s my short list of possible topics. I think they all offer something regardless of training or experience (or lack thereof) and should allow the possibility of wide-ranging discussion. There are also a couple of other suggestions added in that I am also interested in.
- Seeker-sensitive or meaty teaching? Is is possible for a church to be/do both and how?
- Simple or simplistic? Do we dumb-down the Gospel when we try to teach it?
- Theology-lite! Are we losing the vocabulary necessary to speak properly of God?
- The ‘S’ word. How can we call a person a sinner and not scare them away?
- Cyber-church. What is the proper place for online church activity in the life of a congregation?
- Growing disciples. Is mentoring a useful model for discipleship growth?
So, there you have it: the list of possible topics from my brief brain-storming session. I could probably talk for hours on any one of them but which one would be most suitable for an assessment conference?